Friday, August 25, 2006

December 15, 1975: Monday

Well, she gave me her address to send her some pictures.

Maybe I’ll tell her off, then. I realize now that I should have helped Calvin out if there really was any possibility in pairing those two.

Kathy with a “K”.

I had hoped for a long time that my theory about Kathy’s with a “K” had found an exception. She was no Cathy with a “C,” that’s for sure, even if she did look like one.

She didn’t show up all morning, and just for a little while in the afternoon. She went to Scott Base as we left for the Chalet to depart.

She said, “Good-bye, Calvin. Good-bye, Sam.”

I sat in the truck, looked briefly at her and said, “Good-bye, Katherine.”

That’s all there was to it.

I should have done it earlier.

That’s the way it is in Antarctica.

No comments: