Sunday, November 26, 2006

September 14, 1975: Sunday

Got up early to help Tiny Tim Zig-zag and His Radio Show. Boy I needed that. Three hours of Rock.

After lunchtime I go up to the lab and read Ivanhoe. He writes the way I do, but back then it was O.K.

We’re going to load equipment tomorrow, but only if the weather is good. Right now it doesn’t look good. I do my wash.

Dr. Treves gives his speech at the Chalet. It’s interesting, and we have a general discussion about the ethics of exploiting the Antarctic. I ask stupid questions, but Dr. Treves says there are only stupid answers.

I talk to Emmett. He likes to talk in that… slow… rambling… personal… style. And I have to go to the bathroom. What agony. But he gives me a Great Idea for a novel about a multinational corporation, oil, some enterprising individuals, and the usurpation of sovereign rights for the plundering of continental wealth. All right!

Bullshit with Peter about the State of Things. His problem is that he grew up in California.

No comments: