Monday, November 06, 2006

October 4, 1975: Saturday

We went up to the lab and watched my rocks dry. Made another thin section and put them in the oven to bake. Moved all my junk over to the Hotel. Jim the Kiwi was supposed to be my roommate, but they moved him in with Max. Got a room to myself. Sound familiar? Clark will probably be down on the first flight.

Got a short wave receiver. Took it up to the lab and plugged it in. Nothing. Not even any static. Called them back. Doug was there. He diagnosed our trouble as a lack of speaker. He and us put up an antenna and installed a speaker. The thing works. Fiddled around with the knobs. Boston-Oakland and Cincinnati-Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

The Hotel reminds me of the Dorm. The rooms are smaller, but are carpeted. I’m on the ground floor two doors on the left of the front door. I face the street. The sheets are clean, just not white. I have a blue bedspread. Rearranged the furniture the way I like it. I’ll be comfortable. Beige-yellow walls, brown rug, wood-grained furniture, orange chairs. Three Sams in a row.

Lost one Bic black pen. Spilled an Oly on my pants leg. I wish they’d invent tops with pull-ring openers. Six days ‘til the mail is in. Hope I’m not disappointed.

1 comment:

S. A. McCormick said...

With friends like these, who needs extra money?