Saturday, November 25, 2006

September 15, 1975: Monday

Weather isn’t good. Maybe we’ll go tomorrow. Got a phone patch to home. It’s still there. Auburn beat T-town and Nebraska beat LSU 10-7. They got my letters, so Andria probably got hers. (Except I don’t know if I had the right town, and no zip code. Oh, well.) No news. That’s good.

Cathy moved to a new apartment (no pets allowed), the landlord sold the house she was in. She brought Toodles to Auburn (must mean she has her sister’s car) and gave him to our family to keep ‘til the end of December. Why? Dad doesn’t like cats. Kay does. Mom might not mind a housebroken one. But Toodles McGoon is as sickly as Cathy is sometimes. It’s not like Cath to impose on people, especially without asking me. (But then, she couldn’t.) Mom didn’t sound too upset. I hope Cathy did it without imposing, even though she can be pretty nasty, when she wants what she wants. Why not Berzel? Or Kruegers (whose family she knows better than Mom and Dad)? But I must not think it means anything. Just accept it (and be thankful, praising its fullness).

We get a current meter. It looks like a meat grinder and we don’t know how to convert the readings on the dial to knots (or feet per second, either). We get Bio-Mike to look around and after supper we check out a current meter that looks like a Tommy gun. We know how to read it. It’s not as classy as the first one.

Dr. Treves and Dr. Barkov are the same age. Fifty. No more mystery.

I’m learning more things about names. I found the criterion used by the Board of Geographic Names for accepting names. It is doubtful that Mount Debrushka is twin spired. I’m half way through the pages looking for another name for 164º 10’ E and 77º 52’ S.

I may pull this one off yet.

No comments: