Monday, December 13, 2010

Scene VI. Israel an Airport.

[Enter Richard, Pat, Golda Meir Secret Service Agents, divers dignitaries, crowds, supporters, and Protesters.]
Richard. So this be Israel. A charming little country.
Meir. Why, I thank you. It would hardly be our
country if it weren’t for Henry Kissinger.
Richard. Ah, you mean my instrument of foreign
affairs who has brought Peace to your little 5
corner of the world.
[Enter Henry Kissinger.]
And here’s the man himself.
Meir. Hail, kinsman, friend who has saved our land
from Arab onslaught. How does it go.
Kissinger. I disengage many things these days, but 10
I shan’t wish to disengage the friendship
of so charming a lady.
Meir. I blush. I bet you haven’t had any real
home-made chicken soup since you were but a
tiny child in Central Europe. 15
Kissinger. Why, no, kind woman that’s one delight I’ve
not tasted in any of my far-flung missions.
Meir. Well, dear boy, come on up to my apartment
and I’ll heat some up for you. Huh?
Kissinger. I’d be delighted most gracious Golda. 20
[Exeunt Meir and Kissinger.]
Pat. She’s resigning. They blame the war’s
inadequate defense on her lonely little body.
Richard. I know. ‘Tis a shame to resign.
1st Demons. Why don’t you?
Richard. I’ll not resign, anonymous liberal 25
heckler. The crowds, Pat, are not so large as
in Egypt. My, that was something. A sight
to see and cherishingly remember
all my life. Seven million, cheering,
waving Egyptians came forth to greet me. 30
Here, but a few thousand.



Pat. Security is much tighter, my dear sweet
husband. There are oh so many loose and
unpredictable Arab Terrorists
about. Thy safety is in much peril. 35
Richard. We’ll, ‘tis a long enough visit. Henry
does well. It’s off to Mother Russia to
visit that cold clime and frigid
government we’ve tried to warm.
[Exeunt.]

No comments: