Tuesday, September 05, 2006

December 4, 1975: Thursday

Very easy day. Nice. Enjoyable. Helped Kathy wash grab samples, polished wash sample castings, read the Third Symposium on Gondwanaland, and weighed North Folk core boxes.

Howard is going up on a helo to do the sacraments as some guy's ashes are thrown out over the ice.

There was a more-or-less formal dinner for R.B. Thompson at Scott Base tonight. Cal and I weren’t invited. Dr. Treves told Hamish that was not very considerate and downright not nice.

It doesn’t bother me any. The less I see of Kathy, the better off my psychology will be. I’ve decided to let things proceed without my worrying about it.

Watched a W.C. Fields movie in the Chalet. He was talking away and some society matron laid a restraining hand on his upper arm. “Unhand me, woman,” he said and continued the conversation.

Went over and developed the last four rolls of film. All are super good, except our oceanography shots. They got screwed up in the film tank somehow. Did some prints for the drillers. I really don’t feel like doing all the ones they wanted.

No comments: