Sunday, September 03, 2006

December 6, 1975: Saturday

Dr. Treves got a big framed picture and plaque of appreciation from the Public Works Department. He was very happy. And pleased.

Dr. Denton gave his talk in the afternoon. It was very interesting. I guess the idea we’re proposing about the ice shelf isn’t new, but Dr. Denton can’t explain the sediments in our core.

Someone streaked the VXE-6 Change of Command ceremony. I missed it by staying in the lab to read. Nakai got motion picture shots of it.

Ran a kenyite sample for Dr. Denton through the x-ray machine. Did one for Dr. Treves, from a Taylor Valley welded tuff. And two for Calvin from Hogback Hill. Every time I turn the machine on, something happens, which is good because Calvin shows me how to fix it.

Then we all went to Las Vegas Night for charity, in the gym. It was really packed. So I stood around and watched all the booze go sloshing by.

Rich Sluys gave Henry a message, which said, “For a good time, call 345. Ask for Kathy.”

The exact same message I gave Mike Havelka two days ago.

Kathy got really mad at Rich and Rich sent her a metal chain, with the joke about not having enough chain to let out.

She wanted to give it back to Rich to show that there weren’t any hard feelings.

So when Cal and Jerry walked back up to the lab, I went with them, picked up the chain, and walked back down the hill. She took it, after looking suitably pleased, and went over to Rich. I stood around for awhile, then left.

No comments: