Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Scene V. Nemaha, the Palace, a bedchamber.
[Enter Eunomia and Cleonastra.]
[Church bells toll.]
Cleonastra. My lady, what is wrong? Oh dear!
Eunomia. At two chimes I am most sickened. As if
two hands unwound each intestine and stretched
my colon from here to eternity.
Cleonastra. I shall help you to bed. Here, lie down. 5
[Enter Horatio.]
Horatio. It is just now two o’clock. Where is my
Eunomia?
Cleonastra. Good sir, she is pained. And faint.
[Enter Eduard and Raoul.]
Horatio. A mother murdered in her afternoon.
Foretold and forlorn. A son suspected. 10
Grab him, Raoul! Before he escapes me!
Raoul. What means you? Grab Eduard?
Horatio. He has come to watch his poison.
Eduard. Mother half faint and a father full mad.
I flee. 15
[Exit Eduard.]
Horatio. Quicken, Raoul! Down this hallway. And I
will take the stairs.
[Exit Horatio.]
Raoul. I am found dumb. I must separate son
from father until sense can be made from
nonsense. 20
[Exit Raoul.]
Eunomia. Will someone please attend me to the commode?
[Exeunt.]

No comments: